Tom's birthday

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Hurricane Baby

Does anyone else out there have a completely gorgeous baby, utterly intent on destroying everything in their wake? I've never seen anything like it. Yesterday he surpassed himself. For a period of about fifteen minutes, anything within his range was flung across the room, chucked against walls, stamped on or destroyed. Books, magazines, cuddly toys, lego...nothing was safe. And he isn't angry or upset. Oh, no! He's having a whale of a time.
When I first recognised this cyclonic tendency in my son, I would follow him around trying to pick up the things he'd left behind, sellotape in one hand, glue in the other. I now, however, sit back and let him get on with it. Nothing I can say, do or distract him with will stop the destruction so I decided not to waste the energy. Today my intention is merely damage limitation. One day, yes one day I'll have a nice living room again...

No comments:

Post a Comment